Long term readers will be accusomed to these posts. I have been doing GREAT on computers for 3-4 years due to a friends hookups. But today:
Main computer: VIdeo Card Related. I have a Nvidia Titan X. All the monitors shut off. THen the sound cuts out. Then the computer is on but video is off. I have to reboot to fix. Seems to happen more when I launch games or do a facebook gameroom.
- Steps: tried updating drivers
- tried buying a $20 cooling card that sits below the video card
- tried blowing off the entire computer with air cans
- No improvement. It’s getting worse like the video card is failing. One AMD worker told me open the card up and redo the thermal paste?
Backup Computer. I was using this for work but all of the sudden the video card stopped working: GTX 970. The screen keeps flashing crazy ass colors then it blue screens with VIDEO SCHEDULER or similar video card related errors:
Steps to fix I’ve tried
- blowing off computer
- removed video drivers/readded
- updated to latest video driver
- ran virus check (both computers)
No luck on either