Yeah no shit. Worst Tax refund ever. I don’t even have enough to make it through the year despite making less this year. I’m so fucked. From what I could determine less taxes got taken out so I ended up owing.
- US taxpayers have lashed out on social media this past week after receiving lower refunds than last year
- Some say they owe the IRS despite no apparent change in financial situation
- Many said they voted for Trump but would not do so again because of taxes
- 2017 Tax Cuts and Job Act promised lower taxes for the working class in 2018
- But employers may have decreased the withholdings amount in salaries
- It could mean employees paid less during the year and had more in the bank
- If so, refunds may not need to be as high as 2018 because less was contributed